Credo eines erfogreichen Fondsmanagers

Anlageinstrumente, Asset Allocation, Portfoliotheorie, Diskussionen und wissenschaftliche Beiträge

Moderatoren: oegeat, The Ghost of Elvis

Antworten
alterhase
Trader-insider

Credo eines erfogreichen Fondsmanagers

Beitrag von alterhase »

I'm a baby-boomer who finished university in 1974. Our generation believed that if we studied hard, entered a good university and found a job in a good firm, the company and the government would care for us for life. So we boomers worked for the sake of company and family, spending more time for the firm than for ourselves. We even believed it was a wonderful thing to do. But times have changed, and we've awoken to the fact that despite our loyalty neither government nor company will care for us all our lives. How we wish we had known that in advance. This is why we want to spend time for ourselves now and enjoy life together with our families.

Unfortunately, it's hard for our generation. A 50-year-old man may have a 10-year mortgage to pay for the condo he bought when he was 40. He may also have two children in private colleges that can easily cost 5 million yen per year. His spirits may sink knowing that after working so hard, he is left with only debt to service. "How I wish I had known that in the first place," a friend once complained. In the coming five to 10 years companies will see a generational change and some staff may even relocate to the country believing that even without money, nature will engender happiness. Their partners may disagree, though.

Nevertheless, the baby-boomers have 10 years to plan for retirement. We cannot reclaim the past but we can influence the future and that future life will depend heavily on money. We want everyone to take a good investment opportunity and understand it well. I say, "Just buy it!" I believe a fund manager's job is to provide customers with the products that give such positive feelings.

Being a fund manager is a wonderful career. If my only interest were making money for myself, I wouldn't have this job. Everyone has different values, but as a professional mine is to improve fund performances. It's my instinctive desire. Asked why they scale mountains, climbers say: "because they're there." Why do I do this job? Because there are stocks. In this world of finance, I know a little bit more than others and I have the pride and confidence to say, "let me handle your assets."

mal sehen, ob ein Kauf möglich ist :-)
Antworten